About Us

McPhail and Perkins Furniture Inc., originally Stewarts Ltd., was constructed in 1883.

It was the finest building in the village. It was out of brick, three storey’s high, and was the first building in Renfrew to use steel beams in the construction.

The first and second floors were heated with box stoves, six on each floor, the six chimneys still being visible but the third floor was heated with hot water.

The building had the first freight elevator, an overhead cash trolley from the counters to the office and the counters were made of solid walnut wood.

Site designed and administered by Rebecca Tock
SmilingHost.com provides Business Class Hosting.